Except where expressly agreed otherwise by us in writing every Member of the Club shall be subject to these Terms and Conditions and any Articles, Rules and ByLaws that may be determined by the Club.
Every member gives of the Club accepts an undertaking that if the Ross On Wye Golf Club Limited or Ross On Wye Golf Club Property Limited is dissolved while I am a Member or within twelve months after I cease to be a Member, I will contribute such sum (not exceeding £1.00) as may be demanded towards the payment of the debts and liabilities of the Companies incurred before I ceased to be a Member, and of the costs charges and expenses of winding up, and the adjustment of the rights of the contributories among themselves.
Ross On Wye Golf Club Ltd reserves the right to exercise discretion in all matters relating to membership.
Membership Fees are reviewed annually and can be accessed via the Website (www.therossonwyegolfclub.co.uk), or at the Office.
An invoice for the annual subscription in the relevant category will be supplied.
Membership is for one calendar year being from the 01 April until 31 March (inclusive) unless or until renewed (“the Membership Period”).
1. Membership is continuous within the Membership Period.
2. The Membership Period begins on 01 April and subscriptions are due annually in advance (“the Due Date”). Payment will need to be made by Cash, Cheque, Bank Transfer, Credit or Debit Card.
3. Members wishing to pay by instalments may choose to enter into an agreement with Orchard Finance or such other Finance House that offers such assistance from time to time. Details can be obtained from the Office. Payment by instalments means that you are agreeing to a membership for the membership period, or such period as may be specified. Members are strongly advised to take out suitable and adequate insurance to cover the eventuality of being unable to play (or such other absence) during the Membership Period.
4. The Club itself may, at its discretion, offer payment of subscriptions by instalments. The number of payments and amount(s) to be paid will be determined by the Board. Failure to make any payment with 14 days of the 1st day of each payment month will immediately make the full amount remaining payable within a further 14 days. The Club will seek legal recourse for any and all amounts outstanding. The Club may suspend Membership where payment has not been received within 14 days of the payment date.
5. A Member joins each year for a minimum period of one year, or such period as is specified (“the Membership Period”). If he or she joins part of the way through a year the Member is responsible for his/her subscription up to the end of the Membership Period. A Member should write or email to inform the Club that she/he no longer wishes to continue his/her Membership Period beyond the end of the current membership period. A member is responsible for membership fees for the specified period (if so specified) otherwise up to 31 March each year.
6. Other than in exceptional circumstances (which is wholly within the discretion of the Club), or within the Articles or Rules as may be current at the time, Members will be unable to suspend or cancel their membership at any time within the Membership Period.
7. All members are responsible for their guests.
8. New members joining mid-year will pay pro-rata to the start of the month in which the membership commences.
9. Terms and conditions of membership may be revised from time to time and members should be aware of the terms and conditions posted on the website.
10. If neither a full subscription payment nor a commitment to membership via Orchard Finance (or some other acceptable arrangement) is not received by the due date, membership will be suspended, along with suspension of all services and benefits. If neither a full subscription payment nor a commitment to membership via Orchard Finance (or some other acceptable arrangement) is not received within 30 days of the Due Date this will result in cancellation of membership and all services and benefits will be removed.
11. Other than in exceptional circumstances (which is wholly within the discretion of the Company) no refund of subscription payments received will be made on resignation of a member within the Membership Period.
12. Affiliation fees for England Golf and Gloucestershire Golf Union will be charged and are payable on membership (unless proof of payment of such for the membership period is provided). Affiliation fees are collected on behalf of these organisations and are non-refundable.
13. Membership includes the provision of a member discount card. This card entitles the member to selective discounts on food and beverages in the clubhouse. These discounts are subject to change without notice. The card can only be used by the holding member.
14. Levies (if provided) cannot be used to pay for membership subscriptions. Once a top-up has been made it cannot be refunded. If your club membership is suspended for any reason, your levy account balance will not be available to use.
15. Card balances other than levies will be refunded on resignation of membership on written request and if the request is made within 18 months of the resignation date.
16. The Golf Club will endeavour to provide the Golf Course in the best condition possible. At the absolute discretion of the Club this may, from time to time, result in closure of holes or parts of holes to make improvements or considered to be in the best long term interests of the Course.
17. The Course or practice areas may be closed due to extreme weather conditions or for competitions and for booked play outside of Member’s times.
18. All Members agree to abide by the Articles, Club Rules and Rules of Golf and the requisite standard of conduct and etiquette. Details can be obtained from clubs’ website.